Did Japan Anger God?

As we hear about Japan and the horrors going on there, I often wondered why very few had not mentioned "Divine Retribution?"  Was it not possible that God had created this tsunami to awaken people that judgment day was coming?  When I saw the huge powerful waves coming and dragging cars, homes, boats and buildings away I shuttered.  How powerful my lord is and I went to pray.

The Associated Press reported that the outspoken governor of Tokyo, Shintaro Ishihara, had described the disaster as a "punishment from heaven" because the Japanese had become greedy. This is not something I agree with and could even fathom.  God is not angry because someone is greedy, God is angry because people go away from worship.  If greediness got your entire country destroyed and nuclear reactors melted down, then every single country in the world must now wait its turn.  Greediness is rampid in all nations today.

Sharon Stone Fired by Dior for Her Karma Remarks

Sharon Stone said those evil words before and she was forced to apologize for her feelings. Why was Sharon Stone the only one made to apologize when apparently many felt that way.  When  you go to church and hell and damnation is preached daily, why was the thought that God had brought this earthquake for a reason not to be spoken?  The very thought of these words frighten me in a way you cannot imagine.  As more and more bodies are found daily, could it be that my God is angry?

In 2008, Sharon Stone was forced to apologize for insinuating that the China earthquake was caused by Karma due to their treatment of the Tibetans. She was shamed and humiliated and lost her contract with Dior over her comments.  Her political views had now caused a huge scandal and the very sexy Sharon Stone who had played many tough girl roles in the movies was now forced to bow down to the Chinese government.

Here are her original remarks:

“I’m not happy about the way the Chinese are treating the Tibetans because I don’t think anyone should be unkind to anyone else,” Stone said. “And then this earthquake and all this stuff happened, and then I thought, is that karma? When you’re not nice that the bad things happen to you?”

Should We Say God is Angry?

It is a shame and disgrace to say any one person could of made God angry.  Nobody knows why this happened and if the death toll will rise to the same levels of the Indonesia tsunami which claimed more than 200,000 people.  The entire country is in shambles and thousands of bodies are being washed up on the shores and Japan is asking for help.  They do not have enough body bags, or even enough places to cremate the bodies.  Funeral homes can only cremate 18 per day.

Remember when Nate from the Oprah show lost his lover?  His partner was lost in the tsunami in Indonesia and the whole world cried in anger and disbelief as we saw Nate fall apart.  Oprah told us of how Nate could not even get out of bed.

Nate made a shrine to his lost partner and we were all shocked because it was someone we knew and watched daily.  I do not know of any Japanese people who died and I do not know of any stars who lost loved ones, but I can tell you I cry and I fear my lord.  I have always been afraid of water and seeing that water grab people horrifies me.  I am afraid of my sins and I am afraid that if I should die today my God would not be happy with me.  Does that mean if I died right now, that God was angry with me?

Everyone has a necklace around their neck and no one dies before their time.  God knows the day and the moment you will die and nothing is coincidence in this life. So if the people in Japan had died because of the H1N1 flu, God was angry?  I think better is the time to think about what we can do to improve tomorrows and help those in need.  I think I rather give money to help Japan and those who lost everything than to concentrate on if God was angry or not.  I think if God wanted to kill me right now, he could.  I must only pray, worship and be kind to who I can.  I think we need not to concentrate if God was angry at Japan, but rather to concentrate on whether God is happy with me right now. 

Photo courtesy of Photobucket